Saturday, May 19, 2007

Socks and Other Things

I've finished a couple of pairs of... SOCKS!! What else do I knit these days?! First up are a pair of Uptown Boot Socks from
Favorite Socks. These were done on US 1.5 (2.50mm) needles in Trekking XXL yarn, colorway 113. The best part about these socks? Learning to cable without a cable needle using Kathy's easy to understand instructions.

This pattern uses all left cross cables, so I still need to master the right cross. I also missed on cable, but it's just below the cuff and by the time I discovered it, I was decreasing the gusset. No way was I going to rip it back!!

Next up is a pair of socks for B. He wanted a pair of thicker socks to wear in the winter when snowmobiling. These are a worsted weight 100% superwash wool Lana Grossa yarn and I reinforced the heels and toes. The pattern is just a simple 2x2 ribbing for the leg and a stockinette stitch foot. Easy mindless knitting and worked up quickly. I used US size 3 needles, so the fabric is quite dense.

I scored at Value Village last week. I got these three skeins of yarn for a total of $5.00. Destined to become Magic 28 socks. The navy Lambs Pride is a bulky yarn, however, so that may become a hat.


And, finally, I leave you with this picture of the sunset last Monday from my front porch.

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2007 8:10 AM, Blogger Lora said...

OMG $5 for those three skiens of yarn?! I wanna go shopping with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home