Friday, June 22, 2007

And, She Scores!!

It was a good week shopping at my local thrift store. On Monday, I found this skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky in the Pine Shadow colorway, oh so soft and pretty and only $1.69.

On Wednesday, I found 6 full skeins of Nature Spun in the 720 Ash colorway, $1.69 each. I didn't find anything Thursday or Friday, but a pretty good week, all in all.

Oh wait! I'm forgetting Tuesday. What did I find on Tuesday? Would you believe this?! OMG! I was so stoked when I saw these.

That's right, 3 Barbara Walker books. OK, two of them are both the 3rd book, "Charted Knitting Designs, one paperback and one in hardback; I didn't even notice until I got them home. The Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns is an old library copy withdrawn from the system and in fairly good shape. Both of the hardcover book have some color plates that my new copies don't have. I paid $2.29 for each book.

I'm not familiar with the other two books, but one was $2.29 and the other was $.99 so, of course, I had to grab them. All in all, a good week at the thrift store, indeed!

And, for some actual knitting, here's my first two pairs of Magic 28 socks. They knit up really fast, so this will be a fun "in between" project when... Well... Between projects! :^) And, I need to use all that yarn I've been picking up at the thrift store!

So, what knitty bargains did you find this week?

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2007 9:04 AM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Wow, that is quite a score. My brother, who is always going to thrift stores, tells me to go and look at the crap er craft stuff. But I never do. Looks like I should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home