Thursday, January 03, 2008

Not Feeling the Lorna Love

The very first sock of the new year. It would have been the last sock of 2007, but I was too busy gabbing with Monika online and didn't get it finished. On the first day of January, I kitchnered the toe and wove in the ends. I've heard so much about this yarn and it is nice, but, IMHO, not all that. Especially when I went to wind up the second skein.

Had this been the first skein wound, I think I might have tossed all 4 skeins (2 in another colorway) and called it a day. When I got it on my swift, it was so tangled that I had to wind it by hand rather than my ball winder because I had to weave it over and under strands. Sometimes every round, sometimes after 5 or 8 rounds. Then, a little more than halfway though, I found this mess.

WTF is this all about?! It's not a break, it one ply that's about 3 inches longer and just hangin' out. Hopefully it's far enough along that it will be in the foot and not in the lace. Bugger!

What was supposed to be a 10 minute task took well over an hour. In that time, I had expected to have the yarn wound, the sock cast on and at least one round done.

Anyhow... I used the Scallops stitch pattern from Harmony Guides, Volume 2, page 53 on US size 1 (2.25mm) needles. This is the same pattern I used to make my Tofutsie Socks. Second skein is wound and rewound on my ball winder and the second sock is cast on.

Yeah, Zack wasn't all that impressed either.


At April 21, 2010 7:20 PM, Blogger Sydney O. said...

wOoOw...good to know about the lorna's lace yarn. o_O I hate it when expensive yarn is funky. Like when you have a piece that has a knot and then it lasts about 40 sts then theres another knot!?! (Brown sheep lanaloft, but it was only once)


Post a Comment

<< Home